Ms. Wadha Ahmad Al-Khateeb is the CEO for Kuwait National Petroleum Company with an experience of 28 years in the oil sector.
Held various technical and management positions in Technical Services and Health Safety & Environment Departments.
Ø Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from the College of Engineering and Petroleum, Kuwait University (1994). Was in the Dean's list of honor (1992-1993).
· Ranked 8th and 7th in Forbes Middle East list of 100 Power Business Women for the years 2020 and 2021 respectively.
· The first woman and the first Kuwaiti to head the Gas Processors Association, GCC Chapter.
· Initiated a pilot program for training female process engineers in Operations Department as Field Operators/ Panel Operators and up to Supervisor level.
· Led Cost Optimization and Profit Improvement initiatives in Mina Al-Ahmadi Refinery, resulting in financial benefit on the magnitude 23 MM$.
· Received the "Women of Achievement Runner-up" award from Leadership Excellence for Women Awards.
· Drove the effort to register the first Kuwaiti project (Flare Gas Recovery unit) to be listed in UNFCCC.
· Former Member of Natural Reserves Committee and Oil Spill Combating Plan Committee in the State of Kuwait.
· Established the Odor Management System in KNPC targeting zero odor, which included one of the largest Leak Detection and Repair programs in the world.
· Member for TKSC Board FY 2018/19 [The Kuwait Styrene Company (K.S.C)].
· Chairperson for KPPC [Kuwait Paraxylene Production Company (K.S.C)] from 5th May 2019 to till date.
· Recently lead the commissioning activities of a multibillion dollar mega project in Mina Abdullah Refinery as part of Clean Fuel Projects in the State of Kuwait.
A member in Women’s Cultural Social Society since the 90’s. Worked through the Society with other NPOs for charity work.