Refinery Business Economics
OVERVIEWThis course gives comprehensive knowledge on the variables that affect Refinery Economics including Refinery Configuration, capabilities and constraints.
COURSE BENEFITSCourse participants will be able to:
- Identify key elements of the refinery business environment
- Describe a refinery process scheme
- Identify the refinery planning process
- Understand the role of linear programming in evaluating refinery projects
- Rank potential projects for implementation
- Refinery business environment overview
- Crude oil overview - quality, sources, major supply routes, economics, and valuation
- Refinery margins and crude oil evaluation
- Introduction to linear programming
- Refinery process schemes - topping and hydroskimming, cracking and full upgrading options
- Process unit economics
- New refinery project economics
- Investment planning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for Refinery Technical Staff who are part of a team responsible for new investment projects and Process Engineers responsible for the optimization of process units.
||20th – 22th April 2020 (3 Days)|
||Wyndham Grand Manama Hotel, Kingdom of Bahrain |
||USD 3,750 per participant (Special for GDA Members only)|
*5% VAT will apply
||A calculator is required or Mobile Phone Calculator App|
|20th April 2020 (Day 1)||21stApril 2020 (Day 2)||22ndApril 2020 (Day 3)|
|Introduction and Pre-Test
||Refinery Process Scheme
|Refinery Business Environment
||Hydroskimming Refinery Process
||Process Unit Economics|
|Crude Oil Evaluation
||Cracking Refinery Process
||Process Unit Economics|
||Full Conversion Refinery Process
||Project Planning Benchmarking|
|Refinery Configuration (Types of Refineries)
||Refinery Process Schemes Exercise
||Post Test and Certificates Distribution|
|What is an LP
MEET YOUR TRAINER
Vempati Satish is the Sr. Manager – Training Services, Technical Services working at UOP Management Services (Saudi Arabia) since 1st October 2010.
Satish primary job function is to arrange, coordinate and analyze UOP training programs to customers in EMEA region. Providing technical training and mentoring to CDP Engineers in UOP ME Offices. Providing Field Safety Training to UOP staff, and teaching UOP Technology training to customers on Hydroprocessing Technologies and Refinery Business Economics course.
Technical Services area: Satish has hands-on experience in UOP Hydroprocessing Technologies, has commissioned several UOP units (Hydrotreaters, Hydrocracker units, Penex and CCR Platforming units).
Experience: Satish started working in the Refining and Petrochemicals Industry in India in 1992. He has since held several positions around the world in Plant Operations, Technical Services, and Training Services. Satish has worked in the commissioning of a number of major projects with UOP & Dow Chemicals in India and Overseas. As a Training Specialist, Satish has trained both fresh and experienced Operators and Engineers in various Refineries and Petrochemicals in India, Malaysia and in the Middle East. He has trained Operators and Engineers of different nationalities from Far-East, Middle East and European regions. Satish worked closely with operations department in various industries, identified training needs of those staff and developed training programs using animation in order to facilitate the transfer of information. Satish holds a Master of Science degree in Chemical and a Diploma in Computers, Primavera, MS Projects and 2D & 3D Animations.
As instructor: Instructed 100+ sessions of Refinery Process Fundamentals course, Refinery Business Economics course, Engineer Development courses and HSE courses.
Satish developed and animated Training Slides on Refinery Process Units and HC Chemistry.
Satish is acting as mentor for Fresh engineers, and also providing Field Safety Training for UOP staff.
Dale M. Wery is Senior Training Specialist, Honeywell UOP, since June 1974 to present.
Experience: 45 years in the Refining and Petrochemical industry:
- Pilot plant operation and process development
- Field service work worldwide, process unit commissioning
- Oil refinery operations management
- Technical service to UOP customers, including troubleshooting, optimization, training/mentoring, and planning
- Technologies supported include: Crude/Vacuum Distillation, Merox Treating, Hydrotreating, Platforming, Isomerization, Hydrocracking, Fluid Catalytic Cracking, HF Alkylation, Catalytic Condensation
- Customer Training Specialist
Refining Consultant to Saudi Aramco (2006-2012)
Provided technical support to Saudi Aramco refineries, while residing within Aramco’s Ras Tanura facilities. Main activities included troubleshooting assistance, optimization, operator and engineer training and mentoring, and planning.
Education / Relevant Certifications:
Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin