OVERVIEWThis course provides an in-depth examination of the UOP Polybed™ PSA system and its operation. Participants will gain a thorough understanding of the PSA system through step-by-step sequencing of all aspects of unit operations. Emphasis is placed on standard operating procedures, process controls, troubleshooting, and plant safety.
This is a discussion-based session designed to encourage interaction and sharing of experiences among participants. Through lecture, team work, and problem-solving sessions, participants will gain experience troubleshooting typical problems. If the course is conducted at the customer site, classroom sessions will be supplemented with hands-on operations and maintenance training.
- Describe PSA system equipment and purpose
- Describe the PSA system flowscheme
- Explain the fundamental principles of adsorption applied to the PSA system
- Identify the major process control loops in the PSA system and their function
- Describe and understand the PSA cycle sequence
- Explain how to adjust the PSA system to maintain product purity and maximize unit recovery
- Identify the major operator actions and what they entail (i.e. switchover/switchback, manual valve mode, start-up mode, etc.)
- Describe the normal operating conditions of a PSA system
- Identify upsets and take corrective action
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for process engineers and operations personnel who work with the Polybed PSA System or supervise those who do.
||14th – 15th April 2019 (2 Days)|
||Wyndham Grand Manama Hotel, Kingdom of Bahrain |
||USD 3,000 per participant (Special for GDA Members only)|
||A calculator is required or Mobile Phone Calculator App|
|14th April 2019 (Day 1)||15th April 2019 (Day 2)|
|Switchover / Switchback
MEET YOUR TRAINER
Manas Mani is UOP Technology Services Specialist based out of UOP Dubai office and supports the customers with PSA units in Middle East and Turkey regions. His responsibilities include evaluating the commercial operations, through remote monitoring or on-site troubleshooting, of UOP PolybedTM units to assist customers achieving their goals. In the previous roles at UOP, Manas worked in the engineering group of UOP Equipment team where he performed the process design and engineering work of PSA units. He has a total of 10+ years of experience with UOP PSA operation and troubleshooting.
Manas earned his Chemical Engineering degree from Malaviya National Institute of Technology, India. Manas enjoys travelling and he is an enthusiast photographer.