This course provides the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to improve the operation, profitability, and safety of a plant’s fired heaters. Classroom lectures cover furnace design, process considerations, and field evaluation of fired heaters. Topics such as troubleshooting common heater problems, burner operation, inspection and turnaround items, emissions, instrumentation, and preparation of new heater specifications are also covered. Tools used to achieve high reliability are reviewed. This is an interactive workshop where students are encouraged to bring problems they’ve encountered on the job for discussion.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for heater specialists, process engineers, reliability engineers, energy coordinators, inspectors, and senior operations personnel. Those new to the industry as well as senior personnel will benefit from the course.
- Identify and list the applicable codes and standards for fired heaters
- Identify safety issues
- Explain key operating parameters
- Describe how fired heaters function
- Recognize typical problems and identify possible causes
- Discuss key inspection and turnaround items
- Field evaluation of fired heaters
- Process troubleshooting
- Combustion troubleshooting
- Heater design
- New heater specification
- Inspection and turnaround
- Maintenance practices
For more information and registration, please email Mr. Mitch Mapili at email@example.com or call +973 1711 6008.